Amazon has earned a name and fame in a very span of time. News updates, all new streaming music, along with the ability to answer questions about any topic instantly, an Amazon Alexa is hiking its demand in the market. After launching, it has undergone a variety of updates along with several new features. There are now alternate ways to put Amazon Alexa in use. The most common question that users often asks is How to use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi?
Amazon has benchmarked in the e-commerce with its constant efforts and excellent quality. Due to the brilliance and its proficiency Alexa has gained a space in homes with number of members. Amazon has presented an incredible range of Alexa. Amazon Echo, Dot, Echo look etc are other devices presented by Amazon.
For making one’s life easier and smoother than ever before Amazon came up with the idea of Alexa. Amazon always holds the market due to its large variety of products that came up with the idea of simplifying the life of the user by their user-friendly interface. Since the name shared by Echo devices are almost the same, it has become easier for the user to remember their device and command accordingly.
This article presents ways how to use Alexa as a Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi, for those who carry their Alexa all way long and everywhere and are always worried about the Bluetooth connectivity. For smooth functioning Wi-Fi connectivity is compulsion but If one is heading out where no Wi-Fi is available then these devices can be used as a Bluetooth speaker just after a bit of preparations.
Two Ways are Presented for Connectivity without Wi-Fi-
- Use of mobile hotspot.
- Via Bluetooth.
After bit of market research one can easily conclude that the speaker quality of the Echo is not too good but when we club the other features with each other it makes Echo a good quality speaker than others. Amazon Echo serves several services such as – Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn along being as a regular Bluetooth speaker as well.
Alexa can be proved to be a strong Bluetooth speaker without Wi-Fi in various cases. Just one step to connect the phone with the speaker through simple Bluetooth. Same procedure is applicable for podcasts, audiobooks, and other devices that you wish to stream through your Amazon Echo.
Alexa as a Bluetooth Speaker without Wi-Fi:
The Bluetooth setup process requires a little help from Amazon’s intelligent assistant apart from communication with Alexa.
Ways for pairing of devices-
- Devices should be in range of each other for setting of proper connectivity.
- Command Alexa to turn on Bluetooth by saying “Alexa, turn on Bluetooth”.
- Alexa will reply as “searching” after your command this will denote that it is now in pairing mode.
- Start setting on your device.
- Start Bluetooth.
- Search for the device named Echo in the other device section and select it.
- A confirmation from Alexa will be given after successful connection to the device.
Ways to pair via Bluetooth using Alexa App-
As you use voice command for pairing the device, you can also use Alexa app instead to pair devices with each other. Just follow the mentioned steps-
- After launching the app click on the menu icon on the upper left corner of your smartphone.
- Search for setting and select it.
- Now, select the Echo device you are using from the Alexa device lists.
- After selecting the device go on and turn the Bluetooth on.
- Now a window with pairing mode option will flash, just select the pairing mode icon for starting the pairing process. For clearing the previously used devices select the clear command on the screen.
- A pop up by app will be given showing that Alexa is now under pairing mode.
- Now after last step you just have to open your smartphone Bluetooth and pair the Alexa.
Now the smartphone is connected to the Alexa and any of the audio playing on smartphones can be played on Echo.