Samsung Galaxy Introduction
Now here come Samsung Galaxy A80 with all-screen face feature that made possible by a nifty camera mechanism that pops up and serve double duty by rotating between front and rear part. This pop-up cameras were previously used but not in such a way.
In addition to the feature of two conventional cameras, one regular wide, one ultra-wide, the Galaxy A80 boosts a time of flight module for depth mapping. So, by using such feature one can have an advanced depth detection along with quality of photos taken on main camera. Live focus videos, not just photos are also added as an icing for cake.
A ton of screen area is available with a 6.7-inch superAMOLED display that supports FullHD+ resolution in an even taller than 20.9 aspect. The snapdragon 730 also looks promising-Qualcomm’s latest that is just below the 800-series has power to spare and is supposed to be pretty efficient too.
The battery inside A80 isn’t huge as 3700 mAh its less than what even some smaller screened phones have. Good compensation for this problem is 25WUSB power delivery support, that helps for fast charging of phone.
As Samsung had never compromised with the weight that’s how A80 is quite hefty at 220g. The phone is provided with no headphone jack, and there’s no micro SD slot either.
Now have a look what Samsung has presented in new Galaxy A80.
Samsung Galaxy A80 specifications
- Body: 165.2*76.5*9.3mm, 220g, with Gorilla Glass 6 back, Aluminium Frame; all these presented in Angel Gold, Ghost White, Phantom Black color schemes.
- Chipset: presenting snapdragon 730 chipset; octa core (2*2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6*1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver): with Adreno 618 GPU.
- Memory: without microSD slot with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB built-in storage.
- OS: with Android 9 Pie, Samsung One UI.
- Battery: with 25W fast charging, a 3700mAh battery in used.
- Connectivity: providing Dual-sim; LTE Cat.11 (600Mbps/75Mbps), along with Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, USB-C 2.0.
- Misc.: Under-Display fingerprint reader, down-firing loudspeaker, no3.5mm audio jack.
- Display: Presenting the on-screen fingerprint feature along with a 6.7” super AMOLED display having a resolution of 1080*2400 and is protected by Gorilla Glass 3.
- Camera: Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, Touch to focus, with image quality 8000 x 6000 Pixels, with Autofocus, having Shooting Modes as Continuous Shooting, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR), Resolution 48 MP + 8 MP Dual Primary Cameras, with Video Recording features as 3840×2160 @ 30 fps, 1920×1080 @ 60 fps.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Unboxing
At this instance we probably know what’s there in the box, but we don’t have any thing new to show. As same for A70 a 25W adapter rated as 5V/3A and 9V/2.77A is founded. A bundle of C-to-C cable along with USB-C output is also present.
Now Samsung includes a set of USB-C earbuds after the headphone jacks are removed. There’s no dongle in box, so if you want to use third party 3.5mm headphones, you will need an adapter for that too. Protective cases are also provided in some bundles, but above all this it will be worth checking with your retailer or carrier what exactly is in the box.