Kanye West Introduction
Kanye West (born June 8, 1977) is an American Record Producer, Rapper, and Fashion Designer. He took responsibility and handled the production department of Roc-A-Fella Records in the year 2000. Furthermore, he collaborated with several artists and produced music albums. He began his solo career in 2004 and released his first album “The College Dropout” and it was a commercial success.
Kanye West Wiki/Bio & Early Life
Kanye Omari West took birth on June 8, 1977, in Atlanta, United States. His age (as of 2020) is around 43 years old. He spent his childhood along with his mother Donda West (English Professor, Clark Atlanta University), and father Ray West (Photojournalist & Christian Counselor). However, he was only three years old when his mom-dad legally parted ways. He lived in middle-class family background and Polaris High School. At the age of 10, he moved to Nanjing, China along with his mommy. He inspired artistic things like poetry writing at an early age. Kanye earned a scholarship to study at the American Academy of Art. He transferred to Chicago State University to study English. Still, he did not complete his studies and dropped out at the age of 20. On November 10, 2017, his mom Donda passed away.
Kanye West Personal Life Relationships, Spouse Kim Kardashian & Children
Kanye West began an on-off relationship with Alexis Phifer in 2002. In 2006, the couple engaged. Within 18 months, they parted their ways in 2008. He was romantically involved in a model Amber Rose from 2008 to 2010. Then, he dated his longtime friend Kim Kardashian who is a professional actress, media personality, model, and businesswoman. West and Kardashian engaged in October 2013. Then, the lovebirds tied the wedding knot in on May 24, 2014, in Forte di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. He is the daddy of two sons Saint West and Pslam West and two daughters North West and Chicago West. All four children were baptized on October 7, 2019, at the Holy Etchmiadzin church. Kanye decided to move to Chicago along with his family members.
Kanye West Music Career, Awards & Achievements
Kanye started his record label GOOD Music. West did experiments in several music genres. He was inspired by maximalism and minimalism. In his music career, he went on releasing albums Late Registration, Graduation; Jesus is King, Watch the Throne and Kids See Ghosts. He is among one of the best-selling music artists and around 140 million records sold worldwide. On the other hand, he is the founder and head DONDA, a creative content company. In 2005 and 2015, the TIME magazine named him in the 100 most influential people lists. He is among the most-awarded music artists of all-time honored with the Billboard Artist Achievement Award, Best International Male Solo Artist Brit Awards, and the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. Being a fashion designer, he collaborated with the top fashion brands A.P.C, Louis Vuitton, and Nike.
Some Hidden Facts about Kanye West
- The renowned musician revealed that he suffered from bipolar disorder. He revealed in an interview with David Letterman in the year 2019.
- Music lovers moved to the change.org to stop the participation of Kanye in the various events.
- Apart from that, he maintained his active presence on the social networking sites Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTuber achieved millions of followers
- Kanye West net worth (as of 2020) valued $130 Million US Dollars. He made a good income through his music albums and record label business ventures. Furthermore, he acquired assets in the Chicago region.
- He stands out 5 feet 8 inches in height and his weight is around 75 Kilograms.
- He associated himself with the republican political values.
- In July 2020, he announced he would participate in the US Presidential elections. During his rallies, he tried to raise the common things like a strong defense system, environmental conservation, and restoring of the school prayer.
- Throughout his career, he remained an outspoken and controversial celebrity in the media. He gave controversial statements on the people who struggled with hurricane Katrina in the year 2005. However, he did not apologize for his statements made in public that targeted a specific community.