One of the most reputed profession and growing field in India is a field of government teaching job. In this content, we are providing information about the latest government teaching eligibility exam. These jobs are classified on three levels as PRT, TGT, and PGT. PRT teacher can teach up to 1st to 5th level. TGT teacher can teach up to 10th level., and PGT can teach up to 12th level. For these, for these, authorised body are specified who conduct eligibility tests. These bodies as named as-
- Kendriya Vidyalaya sangathan (KVS),
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS),
- Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB)
Principals, Vice-Principals, Post Graduate teachers (PGTs), Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs), Librarian, Primary Teacher (PRT) and Primary Teacher (Music) these all are recruited by these bodies. Candidates are required to go through official website of the particular conducting body for online application.
What is the Full Form of TGT, PGT, PRT, TET and CTET
For the recruitment of graduate teacher in state government schools, primary teacher exam is regulated by most of the states in India. For the teachers who can teach from 1st to 5th this exam is conducted. Candidate should pass this exam for being eligible to do work as a teacher in any government school.
- Candidate should have a certificate of passing Senior Secondary School with 50% marks or Intermediate with 50% marks or its equivalent.
- For the purpose candidates should have appeared for the CTET conducted by the CBSE in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE for the purpose.
- Candidate should be able to teach in Hindi as well as English.
This is a state level exam which is conducted for teachers to get teaching jobs in government schools from 1st to 8th. For being eligible for applying for TGT a candidate should have a graduate degree in any discipline with B.Ed. degree from recognized university/institute/college. With all criteria TGT has an age limit too. 21 years is the limit fixed for applying for TGT and there is no upper limit for this exam. This age limit can vary state by state.
Who Can Apply for the TGT Exam?
Aspirants have to pass 4 years integrated degree course from regional NCERT college of Education in relevant subject with minimum 50% marks/ B.Ed. or equivalent qualification/ English and Hindi/ Concerned regional Language Teaching Ability/ CTET passed organized by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Age limit: up to 1 July the candidate should have a minimum age of 21.
Maximum age: For TGT post the maximum age is 35 years.
In most of the state of India, the Post Graduate Teacher exam is organized in order to recruit graduate teachers in state government schools. For applying to PGT exam candidates should have graduate degree along with B.Ed. degree from any recognized university/institute/college. Candidates also have to pass 2 year Post Graduate course from Regional NCERT College of Education in relevant subject with minimum 50% marks/ B.Ed. or equivalent qualification and should be able in Teaching in Hindi & English Languages.
Eligibility criteria for PGT exam-
Candidate with 50% marks in any of following:
- From any approved university/institution recognised by govt. of India, the candidate should have a B.E or B. Tech or equivalent degree or diploma.
- From a well-known university a B. E or B. Tech degree along with Post Graduate diploma in computers.
- From a well-known university a M.Sc. (computer science) / MCA or Equivalent.
- B.Sc. (computer science) / BCA or equivalent along with a Post Graduate degree in the subject from a well-known university.
- From a well-known university a post graduate diploma in computer and post graduate degree in any subject.
- ‘B’ level from DOEACC and a master’s degree in any subject.
- A certification from DOEACC ministry of information and communication technology and graduation for ‘C’ level.
Age limit: 21 years is the limit age limit set for appearing in exam.
Maximum age: upper age limit for exam is set as 35 years and this may vary state wise.
Being the minimum eligibity criterion for being a teacher one must have to clear the TET exam. For recruiting teachers almost every state and central government conduct their TET exam. Depending upon the vacancies some state conducts the TET exam twice a year while some conducts this exam in two or three years. Validation of TET is up to 5 years.
TET Exam pattern-
The teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is divided in two levels
Paper 1: Primary teacher for Primary level (class 1st to 5th).
Paper 2: Upper Primary level (class 5th to 8th)
Note: Any candidate who desires to apply from class 1st to 8th she/he will have to pass both the powers.
TET Eligibility criteria-
- A 50% marks in a bachelor degree plus B.Ed. degree from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have passed TET examinations which will be conducted by appropriate government.
For recruiting skilled teachers for Primary level and Upper Primary level, a national level entrance exam CTET (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) is conducted by state as well as central government. December and July are months specific for conduction of this exam. Central government schools and schools under UT’s are applicable for applying by any CTET qualifier. Candidate may also apply to the unaided private schools, who may exercise the option of considering the CTET.
CTET Exam Pattern-
- There are 150 objective types of questions in the paper.
- The exam is conducted in 20 languages and has objective type questions.
- 150 minutes is set duration for exam.
CTET Eligibility Criteria-
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks from a recognised university.
- One-year bachelor in education (B.Ed.).