It was easy to decide which iPad you wanted when it was first launched since you only had to decide the color and the storage quantity of the product and find the best iPad.
However, now that Apple is selling a huge array of iPad models, like the big, beautiful iPad Pro to the sleek iPad Air, it can be not easy to find the best iPad for you as they have different functions and features. With the recent introduction of the 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2021) packing Apple silicon, there are even significant differences in performance and price depending on which size iPad Pro you buy.
Meanwhile, to help you decide which is the best iPad for you, we’ve compiled an easy-to-read list outlining each tablet’s strengths and weaknesses. All of this is based on our lab testing and hands-on reviews to prevent you from making a purchase you may later regret. With all this in mind, here’s our list of the best iPads available right now.
What are the best iPads?
When you buy an iPad, you get a great screen as well as powerful audio. When it comes to the best iPad for most people, we suggest the new iPad Air 2020. It’s a little more expensive than the base iPad, but if you want to use the latest Apple Pencil or an attachable keyboard, it’s the best iPad for the money, and it supports the latest Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil (2nd Gen).
The best iPads in 2021
We have tried and tested a few of the best iPads in 2021 and have sorted out the best ones below-
iPad Pro 2021 (12.9-inch)
Image Source – 3neel
- Dimensions: 11 inches x 8.5 inches x 0.3 inches
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Display: 12.9 inches, 2732 x 2048 pixels
- CPU: M1Camera
- Resolution: 12MP (rear, wide) 10MP (rear, ultra wide), 12MP True Depth (front)
- Ports: USB-C, Smart Connector
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with optional 5G
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
Price- Starting price is around Rupees 94,000.
The best got even better when Apple dropped its super-powerful M1 chip inside the already-might iPad Pro 2021. That chipset new tablet records in Adobe Premiere Rush. This 12.9-inch model also has Apple’s Liquid Retina XDR display, which has a brightness of up to 1588 nits. In addition, Apple has designed it to perform a new video conferencing trick known as Center Stage, in which the camera tracks and follows you as you move during calls.
The 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021’s quad-speaker setup is loud and clear, its optional Magic Keyboard provides a comfortable typing experience, and its 10+ hours of battery life is sufficient for a full day of use. However, the super-bright XDR display requires HDR content to thrive, which isn’t always available.
- The M1 processor establishes new iPadOS benchmarks.
- The XDR display becomes extremely bright.
- Center Stage is great too.
- Expensive, especially when accessories are included.
- HDR content is required for the display to look its best.
iPad Air (2020)
Image Source – cdn.slashgear
Price- Starting price is around Rupees 54,000.
Apple’s iPad Air (2020) is available at a more affordable price, even
- Dimensions: 9.7 inches x 7 inches x 0.24 inches
- CPU: A14 Bionic
- Display: 10.9-inches
- Storage: 64GB/256GB
- Weight: 1 pound
- Ports: USB-C
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 6, optional 4G LTE
with similar features like iPad Pro.
The A14 Bionic chip from Apple helps to future-proof this tablet by offering enough speed for asserting apps and multitasking. They also managed to incorporate Touch ID into the lock button. Furthermore, It has the same super-thin bezels as the iPad Pro and support for the Magic Keyboard, making it a true laptop competitor.
It has a 10.5 hours battery life. It has a 7- megapixel webcam which makes it ideal for when you work from home.
- Elegant, thin, and lightweight design
- A14 Bionic processor is extremely fast, and the webcam is excellent.
- There is also no headphone jack.
- There is no Face ID.
Apple iPad 2021
Image Source – m-cdn.phonearena
- CPU: A13 Bionic
- Camera Resolution: 8MP (rear), 12MP (front)
- Display: 10.2 inches, 2160 x 1620 pixels
- Storage: 64GB, 256GB
- Ports: Lightning, Headphone
- Dimensions: 9.8 inches x 6.8 inches x 0.3 inches
- Weight: 1.07 pounds
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with optional LTE
Price- Starting price is around Rupees 30,900
Apple has upgraded the front-facing camera from 1.2MP to a 12MP sensor.
The A13 Bionic chip is a speed boost, as iPadOS 15 becomes smarter and features like LiveText benefit from a faster processor. Apart from that, the new iPad is very similar to the previous model, which is great if you use wired headphones and prefer Lightning cables over USB-C, but not so great if you want the excellent second-generation Apple Pencil or wish Apple would slim down the bezels.
- Enhanced front-facing camera
- The screen is very bright.
- Battery life is adequate.
- The design is outdated, with large bezels.
- There is no place to keep the Apple Pencil.
How to choose the best Ipad?
If you have the cash, consider upgrading to the 12.9-inch model: not only does it have more screen space, but it’s also the only iPad with an eye-catching mini-LED display.
Also, consider how much storage space you’ll need on your new iPad, as it cannot be upgraded after purchase. You don’t want anything less than 64 GB, and if you plan on storing a lot of high-resolution videos and apps on your iPad, you should get a model with a storage space of 128 GB.
Finally, consider whether your iPad requires cellular connectivity. Having an iPad that can connect to cellular data networks significantly improves your quality of life by allowing you to use Internet-reliant apps wherever there is a signal.